What provider do you currently have? I'm heading to Madrid next week and
I ended up just getting another phone for that period of time. The costs
for my iPhone AT&T US plan to use it overseas was crazy expensive per
minute and the data charges were worse. I'll still have my iPhone but
turn off all but wifi access on it.

CB