I read on this list a while back that Microsoft listed on their website that
Office 2011 for Mac was accessible with VoiceOver, even though it clearly is
not. So maybe that’s y the Commission thinks that it is accessible.

I’ve found this to be a fairly common situation in the work environment, where
large suppliers of enterprise software advertise their apps as accessible, so
business and government buy them, when in fact the accessibility is half-baked
at best.

It would be good if there was a recognised body internationally (e.g. AppleVis)
that could provide certification of accessibility with particular screen
readers. Companies could submit their apps to this organisation for
accessibility testing and certification, and advertise if they get the
certification, and consumers could know whether the claims to accessibility
were self-proclaimed accessibility or certified accessibility.