Actually it isn't strictly new window; it's new document

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!

On Dec 22, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cah4...@icloud.com> wrote:

I've never seen this. But I would try opening text edit again and do cmd-n for
new window. Then don't type anything in it but just do cmd-q to quit and see if
that resolves the problem.