Yes. Do cmd-comma for preferences in safari. In the toolbar do vo-space on
tabs. Check the box that says "when a new tab or window opens, make it active".
I think this may solve your issue.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!

On Dec 22, 2014, at 1:18 PM, jeffrey greene <greenebo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I believe there is an option in safari preferences to make the new tab
active. Not sure which pane its in.
Hope this helps! Jeff