Hi Sean,

Could you perhaps post the source of your information? I was always under the
impression that sharing your own content was absolutely permitted in the
Dropbox TOS, and in fact is one of the core features of the service.

Here is an article where Dropbox specifically tells you how to create shared
links to distribute files to others:
https://blog.dropbox.com/2012/04/share-your-stuff-with-a-link/

Here is another article where Dropbox discusses troubleshooting shared links.
They specifically state that you can share content like photos and music that
you personally created: https://www.dropbox.com/help/45

In this article, Dropbox says that shared links for free accounts can generate
up to 20 gigabytes per day or 100,000 total downloads before being temporarily
disabled, while paid accounts get 200 gigabytes per day and no hard limit on
the number of downloads. https://www.dropbox.com/help/4204

Of course, you can’t share others’ copyrighted content but it sure seems to me
that Dropbox allows you to share your own content. There may be a clause in the
acceptable usage policy or in the TOS that prohibits you from using Dropbox to
host your own podcasts, but I don’t recall seeing such a clause. Dropbox is
definitely more than just a storage service as sharing and collaboration are
core features of the product.

Grant

On Dec 24, 2014, at 3:28 PM, 'Sean Paul' via MacVisionaries