as long as you know the boot order you can use a scheme like that to determine
the boot OS. Problem is, yours is not a typical boot order, usually its Mac OS,
then Recovery, then bootcamp. But it could be any order depending on various
factors. Usually Mac OS X comes up when booting a mac.

One way to do things is to try various arrow keystrokes at the boot screen and
see where you wind up, then write down the results. A little experimentation I
suppose will give you your Mac’s boot order and then you can use the method
described below..

Of course, all this is rendered moot by VMWare Fusion which lets you command
tab back and forth between OS X and windows with no rebooting.
I like fusion for the ability to cut and paste data between OS’s and such
things as that.
I can have Safari and internet explorer open at the same time and use them
interchangeably etc, can’t do these sorts of things with a bootcamp
installation, but each to their own.