Yosemite for the Mac and iOS 8.X are required on your devices.  You have to
turn it on in System preferences in the General Pane.  Also be sure Bluetooth
is enabled and you are signed into iCloud with the same account on all devices.
 You also have to have it turned on on the other devices.  If all of this is
done, you should be able to find any applications in the Dock that are being
handed off from another device.  Equally so, in the lock screen of the iDevice,
there will be the name of an app or apps that can be handed off for use there.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX 10.7 LION and 10.8 Mountain
Lion