Hi all, at the risk of getting my head bitten off I still prefer window's at this time. I am having so many problems getting my blue yonder e-mail address working that I find my self using window's most of the time, I hope I can get this sorted and then I might give apple more of a chance. I don't have any problems with any of my e-mail accounts over on Io's.

On 06/01/2015 08:52, kliphzkor...@icloud.com wrote:
The only thing I miss about windows, is the way windows media player
organized my music.  If there was an artist, that featured multiple
people on it, windows media player kept the album as 1 album, iTunes
makes it multiple ones for each artist that is featured.  That really
annoys me.  But what can you do?  Other than that, the mac is where home is!

Frustrated with your Mac, I-device, or AppleTV?  New user and want quick
efficient answers?  Or maybe you know apple products and want to
contribute?  Then come join a list where questions are always answered,
and we are always patient with you.

Subscribe here: peel-the-apple+subscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:peel-the-apple+subscr...@googlegroups.com>

_Short quick getting started Tutorials:
_http://peeltheapple.wordpress.com/__

_Or just follow us on twitter _https://twitter.com/PealTheApple

_And ask your question there. _All are welcome!

*From:*macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *christopher
hallsworth
*Sent:* Tuesday, January 06, 2015 1:57 AM
*To:* macvisionaries
*Subject:* Re: The switch from Microsoft to Apple

I workaround the lack of the ability to open folders with a specific
app. For sound in this case I use the free VLC Media Player from

www.videolan.org <http://www.videolan.org>

I then press command-o which is a standard Mac OS X shortcut to open a
file or folder of files. I select my sound folder, press return, and VLC
will make a playlist with those sound files for me. Think of this as the
Winamp on steroids for Mac OS X. There is VLC Media Player for Windows,
but accessibility leaves a lot to be desired in my personal opinion. So
I use Winamp on the Windows side.

    On 5 Jan 2015, at 21:43, Lorie McCloud <lorice...@gmail.com