Hi Deedra,
The purpose of these two programs is to remap the caps lock to an insert key in
your vm.  As I recall, the correct code is 110 (not 50).  Of course, you need
to disable the caps lock behavior in mac keyboard preferences.  You also don’t
need to do any key mappings in vmware preferences.
The whole point of remapping capslock is to give you an insert key to use in
windows screen readers like nvda and jaws.  This insert key is also recognized
by orce in linux but sadly not by speakup.  However,  Karabiner gives you a
numpad which speakup does in fact recognize.

I wish there were better documentation on all of this, but I think you’re
almost there!

Chris