Hi all.

Ever since I started using Yosemite on my iMac, I have had intermittent issues
with voiceover stopping. I don't think voiceover actually turns off but my
arrow keys would do nothing, vo-arrows did nothing at least not with sound
feedback, and command-tabbing gave me little clicking sounds sometimes. If I
then got vo turned off and back on, I would have speech back until I got into
mail again. Sometimes mail would also be okay, but often as soon as I got into
my inbox messages table, the same thing would happen. At first I tended to
blame it on some kind of bluetooth keyboard bug or on the fact that I switch
between several bluetooth keyboards regularly. But at one point I plugged in my
usb keyboard and the problem still occurred. Sometimes, with bluetooth or usb
keyboard, I would think the problem was gone and then it would start up again
with nor reason I could find

Finally, I decided to switch to classic mail since mail almost always seemed to
be where the problem would start and if I then quit mail and got voiceover
running again the problem didn't seem to occur again until I opened mail. Since
I have switched to classic mail I have had no further problem. It has only been
a bout twenty-four hours but I switched at a time when the problem kept
recurring. I know there are some disadvantages to changing to classic mail and
perhaps I will eventually find something I can change in my mail settings that
will solve this, or maybe an update will remedy it, but for now I am finding
that changing to classic mail seems to have totally eliminated my problem.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: