The workaround if you are using an Apple extended keyboard is to use the NumPad cursor keys. So using Jaws in a Fusion window pressing control and numpad 6 will work as if it was control right arrow. Similarly control 4 will work the same as control left arrow.

The other work around on all keyboards is to press the shift key in conjunction with the control and arrow keys. Jaws should read the words as normal. The This temporarily highlights all the text on the words you are reading but a press of a cursor key removes this and you can read at least a word at a time.

David Griffith