My experience is that with Voiceover you can now only read elements such as Headings etc but actual page text.

This missing text that Voiceover cannot read becomes visible when you turn Chrome Vox on, but this is a fairly clunky experience when compared to the features of Voiceover I think but this may be my skills level.

David Griffith