Hi,

The cmd-shift-delete does not do that.  You can have the GUI ignore the “Are
You Sure” dialog when emptying the trash by using cmd-option-shift-delete
reducing one step along the way.  In my opinion, opening Terminal and using the
“rm” command also does not actually make it any faster as the poster is hoping.
 It would take more keystrokes to change to the Terminal app, enter the “rm”
command followed by the file path, than a quick cmd-delete to put the item in
the Trash, then a cmd-option-shift-delete to empty it.  I recall a thread a
number of years back somewhere on the Net where people were discussing the same
sort of thing.  Some folks think it’s better the Windows way, others prefer the
safety of the Apple way, it’s all a matter of opinion, I guess.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada