Dear List, in the past I have always used macbooks, ,   ,  which obviously have
trackpads built in, but I acquired a desktop mac, and I can’t get anything out
of the magic trackpad.  I have checked blue tooth in system preferences and it
is showing as connected, I have trackpad commander turned on in voice over
utility, but when I flick the trackpad nothing happens.  There is a recess in
the middle of the trackpad that apparently has the apple logo on it, but I
don’t understand why there would be a recess in the middle of a trackpad.  Is
there any chance I have left some paper covering the surface?  There is nothing
obvious visually, when I got sighted assistance, but the circular recess in the
middle feels wrong.  There are two buttons at the bottom of the trackpad. I am
running yosemite 10.10.1.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Kind Regards, Lee