Hi,

As mentioned, you could go into System Prefs, in the Flash pane under Advanced,
interact with the Scroll area and press the Check Now button.  In that same
Advanced pane, if Flash is set to update automatically, Flash will just update
itself within a a while.  With that option checked, you will be notified that
an update is available if you wish to do something right away, otherwise, it
will do the update for you within 30 days.  The message should not continue
bothering you after a bit.  Did you try cmd-tab to cycle over to the Updater?

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada