I'm with you about not using Fred. It's very hard to understand him. He's too
quiet, even though Voiceover's volume is at 100%. As for Alex going back to the
way he was in Snow Leopard, I wouldn't go that far. He does sound a lot better
though. He's an upgrade to Eloquence or eSpeak, the two most robotic sounding
voices. I even use human sounding voices on Windows, but that's going off
topic. I really hope that 1, they do fix the Nuance voices, and 2, maybe in the
next version of OS X they'll let us use the Siri voices. Either that or port
some more Loquendo voices to Vocalizer Expressive such as Dave US English and
the two Australian voices, Alan and Grace. If they do port those last two, I
hope they'll keep Karen. I don't care what they do with Lee, I can't stand his
voice.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook