Hi,
You can save the file anywhere. I chose to save it to applications, since its a app.
Just open the app with command+O, or command+down arrow.
But the reason I needed this script to be in the app format is to add it to the logg on apps in the system prefs/users....
That way the drive is automatically mounted when the Mac boots.
Another good use for the app is to put it on the desktop for easy and quick way of mounting the drive when you need it. Mabey someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the smb on the beginning of the IP address is needed when connecting to a windows machine or network storage drive.
After you paste the text of the script into the apple script editor,
go to the file menu then to export.
here you can name the script and choose the format to be .app.
If you need more help. let me know.
I'm writing this message in a hurry. but I hope this gets you started.
Thanks, Rob