My understanding was that a time machine drive is just an ordinary Mac formatted disk. The main issue is that TimeMachine keeps making incremental backups until the entire volume is filled. So if you copy those movies to the disk first you should be ok but later if you delete one TM might suck up that extra free space.

CB