Hello Donna,

On Oct 22, 2009, at 4:32 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

> I really was surprised that Omnipage didn't have a Mac version.
It has, but it's not been maintained for 8 years! I used to use it
with Tiger, but I gave up once I realised that Nuance was never going
to look at it again, and they were charging an arm and a leg for it.

I use the combination of VueScan and Readiris because VueScan produces
beautiful scans and Readiris does excellent OCR.

I don't like destroying books as my husband is fully sighted and reads
a lot, too. So I flatten books out and scan both sides at once.
Readiris deals with this just fine, along with the page orientation.

With single sheets of paper, Readiris produces flawless OCR, it's just
rare that I have anything so neat and tidy to give it.

Oh yes, and I use it in both English and French.

Cheers,

Anne