hello yes I do to and find it easy to use and it covers all I need

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Daniel Chavez
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 6:20 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: super duper

I myself have not used carbon, but i do use SuperDuper.

Regarding your Partitions

You’re going to have a problem if you want to use Time Machine (TM) and
SuperDuper together.

Time Machine requires a partition of it’s own, or at least, 1 partition that
isn’t being used by anything else. The format of your TimeMachine partition is
fine, though you’ll have to either put your TM backup on another hard drive, or
not use Time Machine, period.

Booting from Super Duper is fine. It’s essentially considered another startup
disk, just as your Mac’s internal hard drive would be. Select your backup drive
in startup disk prefs, and click on restart. The Mac will boot off of your
SuperDuper disk like nothing happened.

hard Drive Space

SuperDuper images take up the size of your Mac’s Drive. So, if your Mac has a
1TB drive, it’s suggested you devote 1 partition of say a 2 partitioned drive
to Super Duper, that has at least 1TB. If you don’t, SuperDuper won’t back up
correctly.

There is a feature of Super Duper called Smart Update. Smart Update updates
what hasn’t been updated, and wastes no time trying to back up the entire
drive. It erases the partition you told it to copy to, and makes it like your
internal drive is. Meaning, whatever structure your internal mac HD has, that’s
what your external drive’s partition will look like, with the exception of,
SuperDuper is making that 1 partition bootable.

One Thing To Note

Warning!  - Don’t Copy Files Manually To The Bootable Partition

If SuperDuper makes a backup, do not attempt copying files direct to the
partition. You’ll screw the partition up and make it not boot. Even if you went
into startup disk, once you copy files manually to the partition, you’ll mess
up the fact that the disk was ever bootable. For you to solve this problem, the
permanent fix would be for you to use SuperDuper’s smart update,which will
remake the disk bootable, based upon changed data on your Mac’s internal hD.

I hope my explaining helps you in a wise choice in what to buy.

Daniel

Primary System Administrator

Firestar-Hosting.Com

Equality web hosting since November 2010

www.firestar-hosting.com