Hello Sarai,

Whether you want to create a website or a BLOG, I strongly recommend using
WordPress as your publishing software.

Without getting into the details, there are two ways to use it.

1.
If you simply want to create a free BLOG, where you can be up and running in a
matter of minutes, all things being equal, go to www.wordpress.com.  If memory
serves, this is referred to as unhosted.

WordPress.com is accessible on both the Mac with VoiceOver and on Windows with
Jaws.  Also, the iOS version of WordPress, the WordPress App, is completely
VoiceOver accessible.

2.
If you want something a little more customizable, you can look into a hosted
version of WordPress.  Many web hosting services, such as www.bluehost.com and
www.web.com offer hosted versions of WordPress as part of their feature set.

Regardless of which option you choose, both are cross-platform screen-reader
accessible and the iOS App works just fine with both.

One final thing, before you make a decision on which platform to go with, go to
www.wordpress.org to read up on how BLOGs really work.

In short, the first option I listed above is free while the second option will
cost a little money.

I am a huge fan of research so Google anything you don't understand and think
in terms of the big picture.

Personally, I use a hosted version of WordPress for my candleshoreblog.com
website.  I studied WordPress for over 9 months before posting my first
article.  Keep in mind, that I wanted to customize every aspect of the reader's
experience and I knew that I wanted to employ the services of a web hosting
provider.

Now that I think about it, I may have the hosted and unhosted labels,
backwards.  It's been a long time since I had to think about such things
(smile).

Good luck and I look forward to reading your first BLOG post.

Mark