I was finally able to get the new app I wanted to download. Previously, I would
tap get button and tap the install button. Voiceover would say connecting and
then eventually go back to the get button. I gave up, but when I came back to
the app store about 20 minutes later, the get button had turned into a download
button. I double tapped it and the new app downloaded successfully.

Sent from my iPhone with dictation software. Please excuse any errors.