Hi,

I don’t believe that a Repair Permissions will do anything here.  I’d first
reset the PRAM and if that doesn’t do anything, then reset the SMC.  You can
reset the PRAM by restarting the computer while holding the command, option r
and p keys down.  These keys must be pressed either before or during the
startup chime.  Keep them held down for an additional three startup chimes then
release.  See if that changes anything before attempting the SMC reset.  If the
PRAM reset doesn’t improve anything, you can reset the SMC by plugging in your
power adaptor to your MacBook Air, then shut it down.  After it has been off
for about 30 seconds, hold down the left hand control, option and shift keys
while pressing the power button.  Release them all simultaneously, wait about
10 seconds or so, then turn it back on with the power button.  If that still
doesn’t fix anything, it’s time for it to see an Apple Authorized Service
Provider.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada