For the record, this is exactly why I avoid GUI scripts. A UI redesign I never
notice suddenly has a script clicking things it was never meant to click. Plus,
I hate to have things open if I don't have to have them open.

As to speaking, if you already have Talking Dashboard, have a look in the
Utilities script. There is a speak handler you can copy for use in your own
scripts, just be sure to include the credit to Apple at the top, and the
isVoiceOverRunning handler that the speak handler needs.

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com