From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Christopher-Mark Gilland
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:55 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Major trouble with internet: Warning: not for the basic user!

Jeff, that would work, but the issue is, then, the receiver only would have LAN
access.  I need a way to get not just LAN access to the receiver, but it also
needs to have specifically internet access, and with the way my office is
designed architecturally speaking, there is no way I could gain internet access
via ethernet without running cables along the ceiling, which isn't allowed.
And please do not tell me then get another office.  I'm sorry, but the poster
who said that was totally out of line.

Here's the thing.  Your suggestion is great, but correct me if I am wrong.  If
I plug the ethernet cable from the Airport Express you suggested to the
receiver, that would then connect the receiver via a LAN, and give it a private
local area network IP.  But then, I'd need a way to connect the WAN port of the
Extreme to the internet, which would mean connecting an ethernet cord from the
modem to the extreme, right?  Well, if so, that isn't gonna happen.  The modem
is on the same desk as my router which has to be sitting across the room from
the receiver.  There's just no other way to do this, but to network bridge.

Chris.