Hi,

My 2012 Macbook Air has suddenly become slow to boot up.

I am running Yosemite and have the hard drive encrypted.  I used to be able to
enter the password a couple of seconds after the startup sound, but since last
week, I have had to wait around half a minute before the password box appears.

I’m not aware of having installed anything in particular over the past seven
days.  Does anyone have any ideas about why the machine may have suddenly
become slow to boot and what I might try? The machine does not seem to be any
slower during actual operation.

Cheers,

Ed