Hi Scott,

I used to use this method of turning AirPort off under Tiger, and
would automatically get switched to Ethernet, but  after migrating to
Leopard (and a MacBook), when I switch off AirPort and change over to
Ethernet I can't automatically get a connection.  Wonder if this is
because I set this up as a fixed IP address?  It used to work for me,
but now I have to force the connection to go through by changing from
AirPort to Ethernet when I get the diagnostic prompt.

Cheers,

Esther