Hi,

As mentioned, option-f12 or option-fn-f12 but it will also work with f11 or
f10.  If none of those work, try restarting your Mac.  If that still doesn't
fix it, go into the Keyboard System Prefs, in the Shortcuts tab and make sure
you haven't assigned something else to the f12 key.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada

i already tried that. nothing happens.