Ah, Android.  Let’s not forget that Apple are now offering a migration tool
that helps you move from Android to iOS, in the form of an app on both
platforms, all the while offering Apple Music for Android.  Seems like a fairly
complete transition with all the important data, including text messages.

Not sure if I can deal with the intellectual dishonesty implied by a platform
vendor using the openness of another platform to migrate data while claiming
superior security which would make the opposite transition quite a bit harder,
but oh well, I really shouldn’t expect anything less from The Great Fruity One
in the sky.  A bit of Googling says the opposite is in fact possible, albeit
that it requires more work without one of the vendor-specific apps.  And to be
fair to Apple, Android switchers are increasing in numbers (chiefly as a result
of the screen size) so I’ll give Apple a hand for the superior product.