I just tried this between two Macs I have here at my desk with the latest OSX but got no love. I could bring up the screen sharing just fine and turn on voiceover on the remote mac but none of the audio came through. So I could hear the second machine talking but on the first machine there was no audio except the local voiceover on there. In other words, if the second machine had been in a remote location there is no way I could hear what voiceover was saying.

That said, I thought this came up a few years ago and some folks figured out a way to set up Skype on the remote machine with auto-answer turned on and routed voiceover so Skype could transmit it. In other words, a second app just for the audio when screen sharing, but that's a lot of pre-planned setup.

I heard that years ago iChat screen sharing would send audio so maybe Messages would do it as well. I think they used a plugin called Chax which would auto accept the iChat screen share request.

Some other old posts talk about using Soundfly to do something similar to Skype but just on your local network. In other words, two apps again for remote control with audio.

zoom.us claims to share both the screen and audio but I haven't tried this.

CB