Terriffic point, Tyler.  I guess I just figured that the power outage thing is
something she would have already inferred, but you are right.  It's worth
mentionning.  Good point.

Oh, and BTW, in another post, Tyler recommended Digital Ocean:

http://www.digitalocean.com

I strongly! strongly! would agree with him on this.  Linode seemed to be a bit
pricy for what I did, but what I love! about Digital Ocean is, you create your
droplet, then you basically only pay for the amount of time you use it.  So, in
other words, let's say you got their lowest Linux based droplet.  That's I
think, like, $5, if I remember correctly?  So, say you only used that server
for 2 days powered on.  I'd have to do the math, but basically, if you then
destroyed that droplet after 2 days, then, out of the 30 day monthly charge,
you'd only actually! have to pay for those 2 days you were up and running.
It's Gr'r'r'rate! if you just need a server temporarily, or just want to
benchmark something long enough to see how it would function.

I'll give you a perfect example.  Not that you're trying to do this, but, I
wanted to see with certain specs how well hypothetically I could run Asterisk
along with  Nerdvittles Incrediblepbx.  So, I created a droplet with those
specs, logged in via SSH and installed Incrediblepbx, used it for about a day,
realized I needed something a little more powerful, so destroied the droplet
two days later, and bam!  That was the end of it.  I only paid for those two
days, as aposed to the whole month.  I think my final bill was only like maybe
a dollar, if even that.

Obviously, it would be more than that if you were trying to host a web site, as
you'd want the server up all the time, and obviously wouldn't want your droplet
destroyed, but my point is more just that Digital Ocean gives you that option
in the first place.  I don't think Linode does that, please correct me if I'm
wrong, as I've not used them in ages.

Chris.