hello, yes confirmed by apple but that is another story.

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Alex Hall
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 8:16 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: headphones

The easiest thing is probably a USB sound card. They can get quite small, and
should work well enough. Are you certain the jack has died, though, and not
just been muted? Remember that audio levels for speakers will be different from
headphones, so it's possible for the internal speakers to work but for the
headphones to not be making noise at all.