Hi guys.  I'm playing around with the track pad commander and I can't
get it to do much.

One of the things I have been able to do with it though is mute
speech .  Please don't ask me how I accomplish this.  I' couldn't
begin to tell you .  Fortunately I have mmy braile display here and so
all is not lost.  In fact, muting speech is the ideal comfort zone for
me when using the braille display.

The thing is, I'm not muting the speech intentionally.  I'm just
cruzing arount the screen when VO says "speech muted and stops
talking.  When I go into voice over utility and look at the mute check
box it is unchecked.  If I check it and then uncheck it, I still get
no speech.  If I turn voiceover off then back on I get welcome to
voiceover and then I get speech muted and then I get no speech.  If I
make a volume adjustment using command vo up and down then speech
comes right back, even though neither the system volume or the vo
volume are turned down.

Has any one else seen this?  It's happened to me twice in the last 3
days.  I'd like to just ditch this trackpad commander.  To me it is
starting to look like more trouble than it's worth.  Unfortunately I
might have to teach it and so I need to hang in there for a while yet
and see if I can make it happen.

Best,

erik burggraaf
A+ certified technician and user support consultant.
Phone: 888-255-5194
Email: e...@erik-burggraaf.com