Welcome to the world of the Mac!

You get Text Edit built into the Mac; this app lets you write text, and format
it with links, lists, fonts, alignment, and so on. You can't do margins--at
least I don't think you can--and there is nothing like template support or
other advanced features. Fr getting started, though, you can't beat it.

Pages doesn't come loaded on your Mac, but it is free in the App Store. It is
far more complex and advanced than Text Edit, and you should get a solid grasp
of VoiceOver before you tackle it. To get it, simply open the App Store, hit
cmd-f, type 'pages', and press enter. Tab a couple times until you hear
"Install Pages, free button" and press space. Numbers, by the way, is a
spreadsheet program that is also free and available in the App Store.
> On Jul 16, 2015, at 8:06 PM, gracewelln...@atlanticbb.net
> <gracewelln...@atlanticbb.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I recently subscribed to this list because I purchased my first Apple
> computer, a Macbook air.
> I would like to know if my machine has a word processor, or more than one. In
> this case, what is the easiest to learn? I heard about Pages and Numbers. Are
> they word processors?
> Thank you,
>
> Rena
>

> http://www.greenpathtowellness.com/
> Author of Dear Suzie, Rivers Of Light and Annie's Journal

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com