Hi Shawn,

When I realised that MacTube no longer worked, I did some search and found an
application called
WinX HD Video Converter for Mac.app
I can't now remember but I think I had to buy it.  You can try it for a while.
It works pretty well once you learn the layout of its window.  There are some
unlabelled buttons but you could label them in Voiceover with vo+/.  This is
not ideal, I know, but the app works well.  You first have to find on YouTube
the video you want, then copy its link through the contextual menu, and paste
it into the app to initiate the download.  The downloaded files are placed in
the home folder/music/the apps folder.  You can do other things with the app
but I did not feel confident yet to try the other features.  Have a look at it
and good luck.

Andrew