AOL is dead

From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Matthew Dyer
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 10:18
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Unsuccessful attempt, setting up Mail Account

Chris,

I was wondering the same thing as my aol account just stopped working one day.
Not sure what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone.

Skype: graduater2004. Email and face time/iMessage:
ilovecountrymusic...@gmail.com <mailto:ilovecountrymusic...@gmail.com>

On Jul 27, 2015, at 4:22 AM, Christopher Gilland <clgillan...@gmail.com
<mailto:clgillan...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Guys,

This is honestly not a terribly big deal, as I practically haven’t used this
account in literally probably over a year, but I know it’s still active, as I
can sign in no problem from the webmail interface with Safari.

Anyway, I have a really really really! old AOL account which I’m trying to set
up in Mail on my Mac running Yosemite 10.10.4.

I am able to select AOL as the account type, and then put in my screen
n...@aol.com <mailto:n...@aol.com>  and the password.  The issue is, as soon as
I hit the setup button with VO+Space, it dims itself for a few seconds, then
becomes available once again, but it won’t step me through to the next step of
the account setup process.

I checked to see if perhaps it added the account anyway in the accounts list
table, but it didn’t.

So, I guess ultimately, two questions…

Firstly and foremost, has Apple broken the ability to set up an AOL e-mail
account through the auto-setup procedure in Mail with Yosemite?  If not, then
my next, and final question would be, has anyone here on the list gotten it
recently within Yosemite 10.10.4 to work correctly?  I understand that if you
already had your account setup say from Mountain Lion, or Mavericks, or
whatever, then it probably still works, as the account was setup previously
before upgrading, but I’m saying more, has anyone specifically natively within
Yosemite itself setup an AOL account which wasn’t previously configured?

Again, I’ve marked this e-mail as low priority, as truefully, I’m really not
terribly concerned.  Yeah, it would be cool to get this account working, but if
I can’t, it’s not the end of the world.  I’ve not used it in over nearly a year
or so, so it’s not like I’m really missing much by not having access to it.
This does have me a little bit intriegued though.

Chris.