Hi Daniel,

It’s not a limitation between Mac and iOS, it’s a limitation of Overdrive for
Mac full stop.  It wouldn’t work on the Mac if your second device was a PC
rather than an iPhone.

I googled the problem when I was having it, and it was posted as an FAQ by one
of the commercial audio book sellers who also use the Overdrive platform.

Cheers,

Ed