Hello.  Mac OS has a built-in FTP server.  You should be able to
enable it by doing the following:
1.  Go to System Preferences.
2.  Once you are in System Preferences, go into "sharing."
3.  Interact with the services table.
4.  Arrow through the list of services until you get to file sharing,
then check that service.
5.  Stop interacting with the services table, then use your usual
VoiceOver navigation to get to the "options" button.
6.  Check the checkbox to share files using FTP.
After that, you should be able to log into the FTP server using your
regular username and password.
I hope that was enough instruction.