I have asked this very question to Apple support on a few different occasions.
The best that can be done is to hide the applications on the purchase list,
they cannot be deleted. I am not certain as to how this is done. As to your
other questions the apps list in iTunes, I just don't have an answer for you.

Sent from my IPhone