I think he meant claims. As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, finding the exploits is non-trivial work usually done by experts. I doubt the bug bounty paid by some tech companies really makes up for the hours spent tracking this stuff down, but it's nice like a chocolate chip cookie. With millions of people beating on OSX, especially now with the "public" betas, I'm sure Apple is hoping that more monkies will be generating Shakespeare and want to report where things fell apart. A bug bounty would certainly increase the incentive to report any issues folks have stumbled upon.

CB

On 8/13/15 3:31 PM, Shaf wrote:
No clue what 'clqames' means.

Either way, your argument is flawed. That's like saying everybody who
wants a job shouldn't work for the money otherwise the job market would
be overloaded and employees wouldn't be filtered by quality.

On 8/13/2015 8:25 PM, george b wrote:
No I do not think so then all the people who need some money would be reporting
these things just to get funds and overload their system andthen they would
never be able to check the validity  of all the clqames

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Shaf
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2015 11:53
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Why you shouldn't freak out about scary sounding exploits

That's good for you. A wealthy company such as Apple should pay those
who find security holes and report to them.

On 8/13/2015 7:36 PM, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
Hello: A lot of companies do have bounties like this. For example,
the company I worked for works on Drupal. There was a bounty
offered through the association. I report stuff like this I find
when it is a problem, not because I want to get paid but because
that's the only way to fix things. I do it because it's the right
thing to do and it helps other people. Any security holes that can
be fixed, regardless of whether or not I get paid helps me (as I'm
obviously using the product) and it helps others as well.