I bought the 2600ma TechLink external battery pack from the online apple store
but can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve plugged it in with the included mini USB
cable and it shows all green lights, but when I plug the iPhone into the USB
slot on the device, nothing happens. No “charging battery” message appears on
the status line of the iPhone or any other indication that the phone is
charging off the TechLink.

Physically, the tech link is shaped like a roll of nickels with two USB slots,
one full-size and the other a mini. It has a row of LED’s and that’s all, no
switches or anything like that. I assumed I would just plug the iPhone into a
fully charged tech link and it would start charging like when I plug it into
the USB slot on my MBA, but no joy.
Any ideas/help appreciated.

Any experience with these beasts? I’m trying to avoid a trip the the Apple
store to sort it out.