Hi,

Personal preference is the key thing here.  Although, I will disagree with the
comment about "standard screen reader practice".  Where?  Why?  The default
behaviour on the Mac with VO of reading text that it passes over is standard
practice on the Mac and has been since scree readers began on Apple devices
back in the 80's.  Just because one is used to another method does not make it
"standard".  From a visual prospective on a Mac, the cursor is set just after
the letter that is entered, it is a vertical cursor and its behaviour
corresponds with that style of cursor.

Sorry, just had to chime in here.

Later...

Tim Kilburn