Jeff,
I upgraded my iPad to iOS 9. Just now I connected it to the Mac which is running iTunes 12.3. It looks like iTunes defaults to something new with HTML content. Stop interacting and vo left arrow and you will be back in familiar country. I am going to look at prefs later and see if I can change what iTunes opens to.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
   ancient.ali...@icloud.com
Many believe that we have been visited
in the past. What if it were true?