I am guessing you never moderated a list before, right?

There are 2 types of list moderators. Those who see it as their job to help people solve problems and those who think it's their job to enforce rules. You sound like that latter type.

What you will almost certainly end up with is a slightly less wide ranging list with a very small clihe of regular contributors. But maybe that's what you want.

You're going to have like a dozen people answering each others very specific questions. Once in a while, one of them will forget themselves and ask an IOS question. They'll thinkeither forget or they'll think they are so much a part of the in crowd that they can get away with it. Then you'll have to smack them down and there will be a huge fight. This pattern will repeat itself every 6 months or so.

The only alternative to being a tyrannical list moderator is to do what the moderators of this list have done. That does have it's drawbacks, the primary one being the high traffic.

There is no perfect solution. Life is messy. Welcome to the planet earth.