Good point.  Yes, we do have one a those.

As we do actually get most of the overheads, etc.

Chris.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: 'Chris Blouch' via MacVisionaries
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Any good lyrics apps?

  Most churches purchase something called a CCLI (Church Copyright License -
ccli.com) which covers projection, song sheets, recording the service etc. So
an iPhone app would need to pay some kind of fees to the copyright holder for
the music and lyrics. That seems like a facet of the app which would be hard
for the app store reviewers to verify.

  CB

    No offense, but if it wasn't legit to put the lyrics on a web site or app,
then how do professional musicians like myself cross reference the words to
songs that they're going to perform.

    For exampel, I'm a worship leader in a church.  Yes, we obbviously have to
worry about copyright and what not, but I've never heard anything about lyrics
being placed on a web site as being illegal.  Now, if you post the music
itself... that's a completely different story.

    I've been using google to find lyrics like crazy for our worship services,
but just figured this way might would be a bit easier.  Plus, when at
rehursals, I could look them up on the fly with my phone, if needed.

    Chris.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯