HI David.
The issue isn't with the braille display keyboard commands themselves,
but the keyboard emulation mode HIMS has built in to the Beetle.
Essentially, they have attempted to map out a series of commands on
their braille keyboard which are equivalent to the functionality found
on a bluetooth keyboard.

Thanks for the reply!!!
Scott