Hello, Anne.

I'm glad some of your mail sounds have been restored.  As long as
Apple acknowledgess the bug, there's hope.  <smile>  I know the lack
of an incoming mail sound is really no more than an annoyance, and I
admit I have assigned undue import to its remedy.  I guess we all have
pet bugs, so to speak, that we worry about.  For now, I'm back with
Yosemite.  I'll try El Capitan after a couple of updates and when I
know more about my three-month-old machine.

Craig