Hi,

You can also do the following in anyd document.

You can have the system speech read to you instead of VoiceOver.

First, set the desired voice in Speech in System Preferences.

When you have done this, you can open any document. You can pretty much use
this feature in most places in general.

1. Go to the edit menu.
2. Go to the speech submenu, and hit start speech.

I believe you can set commands for this. If you want the speech to speak at a
different rate, you can enter [[rate 250]] at the top of the document. This
would mean that it will speak at 250 words a minute, for example. You can, of
course, do this further along on the document. This will make the speech speak
at 250 words a minute wherever you put this variable within the area of
interest, making the voice speed up in certain places. Just remember to place
the cursor at the beginning of the [[, and check the rest of the document.
Shift-pageDown should take care of that.
If you want to read from the beginning, though, even with the [[ before the
text, you can simply go to the "Speech" submenu. You can probably make a
shortcut for this.

Regards,
Nic
Skype: Kvalme