Here is link on how to replace and sizes

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac+Mini+Mid+2011+Hard+Drive+Replacement/6422

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Alex Hall
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2015 07:23
To: 'Chris Blouch' via MacVisionaries <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Subject: 2011 Mac Mini hard drives?

Hi all,
My 64GB Air is simply too small for Xcode. It's time to resurrect my 2011 Mac
Mini, dead these last couple years due to a bad hard drive. I wanted to find
out what drives work with this model, but there's surprisingly little online
about it. I know I'll need a 2.5-inch drive, but beyond that I'm not sure. SATA
version is my main concern, but I also don't know if there are size
requirements I need to consider. If the drive is 2.5 inches and the interface
works, that doesn't help if it's too fat to fit in the bay. Does anyone know
what I should look for? Again, this Mini is from 2011. Thanks everyone.

--
Have a great day,
Alex Hall