Have you looked into the 'do shell script' command? It does what it says on the
box: runs a shell script or command. For instance,
do shell script "cd /volumes"
would change the directory to /volumes. Or do you need to do this at a random
time, in your terminal session? If so, there's a way to send keystrokes or
characters, but I've never used it and can't think of it at the moment.

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com

list.